Session Title: 'Student Finance'
- Targeted at Year 12 but suitable for Years 9-13 | S3-S6 | KS3,4,5
- In School Session or Webinar
- Typically 60-90 minutes
- 1-500 in school, 1-100+ on zoom
- Know what money you are entitled to.
- Understand where the money goes.
- Understand how to survive on your student budget.
- Be aware of deadlines.
Our presenters (actors, comedians, writers), often the first in their families to go to university, have untold stories about the 'money in versus money out' side of university and the wider higher education journey. Our relationship to money and our ability to control our personal finances has a huge impact on our lives, and at university, students are not always aware of what money they are entitled to - and where to go for help and support in times of difficulty. We help students understand the three 'money in' strands: money borrowed, money earned, money free. We explore wider budgeting tips for students whilst living away but also at home, and help students (and their families) feel confident on how the graduate tax system of repayments works (which is often scare-mongered in the media, or preconceived as a debt for life).