Friday Friday, December 9, 2016
When do you check your emails?
Push's realistic, plain-speaking guide to student finance and how to survive it.
• Get every penny you can
• What you have to spend it all on
• Become an instant expert on student finance
• Apart from fees, where does the money go?
From castle to cardboard, student accommodation really varies and trying to study in an ice cold shoebox is not the fast track to a good degree.
• Do you want to live in or live out?
• Issues for living in
• Issues for living out
• Interview with the 'Editors'
• What are my renting rights?
What to expect from your first week at university - when the pace is faster than curry through a dog and the main topics of conversation are home towns, A level grades and UCAS codes. Read on for Push's tips to surviving the fray...
• Will it be easy to settle in?
• What's a realistic budget for freshers' weeks?
• Dosh drains: where the money goes
• Costs you might forget about
So you got your place at Sometown University, are your prepared? Push's advice on making sure you take what you need with you and hit the ground running.
British degrees are a mark of quality and refinement. Don't it just make ya proud? Push outlines why international students might want a Great British education, and how much it might cost.
The good news is that unis want to make life as easy as possible for students with disabilities. There's a host of other resources out there too. Read on for Push's low-down...
• All the small print: finance for real people
• How to choose the right uni
Postgrads: Some people just can't kick the habit. They take one degree and just need to get that fix year after year. The serious junkies ending up dealing education to younger victims just starting out. These people need special help – or at least, they have different issues to think about when picking a uni.
• Postgraduate fees
• Postgraduate welfare
By a student who's been there, done that and brought the fresher's hoodie
There's more to choosing a uni than what you study. Push has fingered 6 factors that will really make difference to whether you enjoy it, whether you do well, whether you can afford it and what the memories will be.
• Making the most of student life
• Student housing: Choosing where to live
• You've handed in your essay, so what else is there to do?
• What welfare provisions should you expect?
Sadly, student life is not all about books, booze or beating your all-time high Tombraider score. Whether it's your dream job or shelf-stacking to pay off your library fines, Push gives you the skinny on the wonderful world of work.
Lectures, tutorials, seminars, skiving - the lingo of learning, like the language of love - can be a tricky tiger to tame. See here for Push's patented study kit.
Serious problems? Having trouble assembling your 'Flurk' Ikea shelving? Unis and unions should look after you – after all, you are paying these guys.
Web Designers - Alpine Interactive